Tuesday, June 30, 2009
new friends
While we were out today, my oldest son asked to go to the park, after we were done running errands, so I decided that that was probably a good idea, since it is getting hotter and hotter every day. So off we went to the park. When we got there, there was a group of woman w/all their children that were there together. So we went and started playing on the slide, and playing as usual. There was one woman inparticular, Jodi, who was very friendly, and her and I started visiting while we played w/kids. Well she told me that she belonged to a non-denominational christian church about 15 min from my home, and that everyone there got together (ironically at the same park that we almost always go to) every tues and thurs to walk and let their kids play at the park. So she invited me to come and walk/play with them. She was so nice, and also invited me to check out the church website, and if I wanted to also come to church. Now I haven't been even slightly interested in ANY kind of church at all, but there was just something about the way that she was, so nonintrusive, and not pushy AT ALL, (which is the way I think EVERY person should be when it comes to religion) but I think I will talk to my husband, and we may try it out, just to see. Typically I would say that I am against any organized religion, but I think that even if I chose not to attend church, I could have the opportunity for new friends, and friends that also have kids! HOORAY :) This is what I've been waiting for, I know that just waiting for something isn't exactly the best plan, but I guess that's why I've lived in this city for 2 years, and I don't have any friends. So enough of the waiting, something that could be wonderful has found me, so now it's my turn to take action, and so I will go back to the park at 9 am on Thursday, and I guess we will go from there. Ah, my hope is that this will be but the begining of many good and wonderful things yet to come, and I am so greatful for the opportunity to make new friends :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yeah, i'm excited for you! i love meeting new groups of mommies and their babies! playdates! there is also something called MOM Co. you should look it up and see if it's in your area. it's stay at home moms that get together and do stuff together. some of them are even "momtrepeneurs" and sell things like avon or tupperware or food. but mostly it's just mom's who need to get out of the house with other moms :-)
ReplyDelete