Tuesday, June 9, 2009

a new day

As is sit here alone, listening to my husband snoring in the other room, as he has once again fallen asleep putting our son to bed, I can't help but think of all the wonderful things that I have to be greatful for. I have been blessed w/such an amazing family, this past week has been filled w/a lot of opportunities for me to become more humble than I have previously been. As we have been faced w/nearly having our car reposessed, our power shut off, our phones shut off, and faced the posibility of eviction, and it has been in the face of these struggles that I can truley appreciate the gift of giving. I already have had so much given to me, and I know that I don't have to live in the fear that I won't have enough, as there are so many who give freely, without expecting anything in return. I am so thankful for all those who have blessed my life this week, without you, I would have much less than I currently have, and I am just so thankful to you all.

It has been so amazing to me to see how freely my parents will give, even when they themselves are stuggling more than ever in the financial asspect, they are still so willing to give everything they have to help me, and I love them more than words can say. And though I love my mother-in-law, I see the contrast between my own mother and her, granted we do owe her money still, she has only one child at home, and a steady unchanging reliable paycheck, as well as 2 houses, an RV, 2 trucks, a 4-wheeler, and a new dirt bike for my brother-in-law, and she couldn't help us at all because she HAS to fix the dirt bike that her son wrecked the day after he got it, so yeah. I know it's not right for me to judge her, but it is just hard when we struggle just to put food on our table. Oh well, I suppose it's not her responsabilty to support us, I suppose I just judge everyone against my own parents, which few people on this earth can realy compare to in my eyes.

Anyway, I will try to just focus on all the good that others have done, and the prospect of repaying the kindness that many have shown to me. I am so thankful to have my wonderful children, they brighten up every day. As we played at the park today, I couldn't help but smile at the polite way my son plays with the other children, there was one little boy in particular that was just crawling around by himself, eating bark, and exploring, and my sweet son kept contantly going to him, and talking to him, kissing him on the head, and encouraging him. It made me really feel good to see that I had raised a child like that, sometimes I get so caught up on the current times, when he's beating up on his brother, and making him cry, that I forget all the times he would take his little brother by the had and say "come on little brother, you can do it" it brings tears to my eyes, remembering all those times, and contemplating all the times yet to come. I am so thankful! And on that note, I will end my rantings of today, until tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're going through hard times! It is always hard to watch your family struggle, but I am glad you are trying to focus on the positive. It is easy to get swept up in bad thoughts, it is much harder to make an effort to be happy. but once you've made that effort, it gets a little easier next time, and more easy the time after that!
    I love you and pray for you!

    ReplyDelete