well we woke up this morning to a blanket of white :( Blah such a bummer when you only yearn for spring, but it's supposed to be in the 40's today, and all of next week. most of the snow we have has melted now, and I'm really thinking everything we got last night will be melted shortly. But it was still a bit of a dissapointement to see it this morning.
The boys and I actually got out a bit yesterday, and went for a nice walk, then played a bit in the wet, dirty snow. Ugh. But the boys loved it! I had figured that since we HAD gotten out, that they'd be more ready for bed last night, (the past few nights they've been going to bed a few hours later than normal) so I got them all ready, and laid down w/them around 7:45, they fell asleep about like normal, but then my 4 year old was up about 10 times. First I noticed him laying on the floor next to my bed, and took him back to his bed (his brother seems to sleep better when they're in there together). So just as I get into my own bed, and attempt to fall back to sleep, he wakes up again, and this time comes and lays next to me on my bed, falling asleep again in about 2 min, so I again take him to his bed. Well basically he woke up at least 2 times more, and by the time I was just about falling back to sleep, it was time to get up and get everything ready for the hubs to head off to work. AHHHH, at least I had 2 good nights sleep in a row before last night's episode, but I'm still a bit groggy.
Lately I've fallen into a bad habit of drinking coffee w/Jer in the mornings, (only one small- about 4oz- glass) typically I don't drink it while I'm prego. But he drinks it EVERY DAY, and it is SOOOO damn good. I even found an organic roast that we really like. But yeah, I've noticed that I've been letting myself get a bit dehydrated lately, and I'm sure that the coffee is contributing to that significantly, so I am going to get back into the habbit of just dumping out any coffee that he doesn't drink, and replacing mine w/water again. I'm also more determined than ever to stop eating, and buying so much damn junk food. Seems like I get so much crap, intending to have it as snacks for the kids, then I end up eating it all. :( I know I need to just buckle down, and get us ALL eating healthier, I guess I should just look online for more ideas to find things that aren't time consuming, and that the kids will like. It's just the actual DOING part that I haven't been all that great at lately. BUT, today is yet again a new day, and anything in the past can just be left to the past, as we press on to a happier, and healthier version of us! :)
isn't it funny how pregnancy gives you so many good ideas and resolutions, but no energy or time to actually do them? BLAH!
ReplyDeleteSorry it's snowing there, I miss the snow, but then I didn't just go through a winter of it! :-) Instead it's sunny outside and we might go to a park... maybe, I might also be lazy today. I am off the the shower, then we'll see how lazy i am :-P