Friday, January 6, 2012

The battle of mom vs professional

Recently, I decided that I wanted to go back to work. I've been working on my resume, and going to some classes to try and help me feel prepared. It's been soo nice to get out of the house, and talk to adults again, and It's really made me super excited to get back into the work force. I've frequently missed the professional satisfaction that I got from work, don't get me wrong, I get alot of personal satisfaction in raising my kids, but it is just different. Anyway, I've been trying to get my resume together for a possible job interview w/the state office here. It sounds like a great job, w/starting pay of almost $15 an hour, (which is pretty awesome for me) plus full benefits for your entire family after the first like 30 days I believe. Well, while I was searching for some inspiration on how to word my 'stay at home mother' experience, it occurred to me (right after finding the exact thing I was looking for) that I am just not ready to go back to work full time, at least not permanently. I just can't cope with the idea of anyone else raising my babies, I love my husband, but he and I simply disagree in some areas of child rearing, that are important to me to have a certain way. Plus I think I'd just miss them, Leeya is getting to be so much fun. She carries around her baby, patting it's back, and kissing it on the head for hours every day. she tells me things are 'cute' or says 'ewwwww ucky', with emphasis on the eeewwww. lol she's been soo much more interested in her daddy than her brothers were at her age, mostly because he's been home the majority of her life, but during the last few days, she'll go to him out of my arms, she loves her daddy. I'm torn between being sad, and happy that she wants to be with him. All the kids still only want me when they're sick, haha one of the joys of being a mom I guess. lol

Ok, so I also have to add that He did clean the house, kitchen-counter tops, cleaned the table, washed dishes, and swept the floor, as well as cleaning and vacuuming the living room. It was nice to see that he could do it all so quickly and do such a good job. I think he'll
have to start doing it more often ;) hehe


So, now what? I'm thinking that I'll just try and find temporary full time work for a few weeks/months till Jer goes back to work again. yep. I think that's going to be the new plan. then in about 4 1/2 years *sigh* I'll start working while the kids are at school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment